Here’s How You Make Cashless Car Insurance ClaimsCarole Stehr | March 6, 2023 | 0 | Finance
The majority of people purchase auto insurance primarily to safeguard their vehicles from damage sustained in any accident or catastrophe, as well as to better prepare themselves financially to handle such unforeseen obstacles. Policyholders can now file an emergency cashless claim and settle the claim without being concerned about the expense of repairs.
Upon receiving a quick request for a cashless insurance claim, car insurance online companies offer instant support and take control of the situation with the aid of their network of cashless garages. Learn how to submit a claim for cashless auto insurance in case of an emergency.
How to apply for cashless auto insurance
The actions that you must take in order to submit a claim for cashless auto insurance are as follows:
- First and foremost, you must notify your auto insurance company of the loss, damage, or accident right away.
- You must promptly register a FIR at the closest police station if there have been any injuries or/and fatalities.
- Avoid moving your car from the accident scene if it sustained significant damage and call your insurance provider to request a surveyor.
- Your car will be towed to one of the authorised garages in their network (you can find out which ones by contacting the insurance provider and requesting a list of their approved garages), where it will be inspected.
- The garage will issue a pricing estimate for repairs following a brief analysis.
- The garage will carry out the required repairs after the insurance company has given its approval.
How to claim car insurance cashless claim and which are the applicable documents
The documents that are regarded necessary to submit a cashless claim are listed below.
- Copy of the FIR
- A copy of the automobile insurance policy
- A copy of the registration certificate of the vehicle
- A photocopied licence
- Filing of a claim form
The operation of Cashless Garages
The majority of reputable auto insurance providers now offer the benefit of having damaged vehicles serviced at cashless shops. These garages are often part of a large network connected to a single insurance carrier, allowing your own or a different insurance provider to deal with the garage directly without the policyholder having to pay anything out of pocket.
Once a client of a certain auto insurance provider brings in a vehicle that has been damaged by an accident, a natural disaster, or another man-made calamity.
- Upon obtaining instructions from the surveyor, the cashless garage estimates the cost of repairing any damages to the vehicle.
- They send the report to the car insurance provider after assessing the cost.
- The cashless garage starts working on fixing the vehicle after getting permission to do so.
- When the work is finished, they provide the car insurance company the required bills of repair and other cash receipts.
- After that, the business directly resolves the auto insurance claim with them without consulting the insured.
You can purchase car insurance online from a reputable insurance provider, like Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, and choose their comprehensive cashless plan to be able to better protect your vehicles against accidents, theft, natural disasters, and man-made calamities in order to take full advantage of the cashless facility.
Do not forget to renew car insurance on time. There is no solid answer to the question of which is better between the cashless and the reimbursement process. A policyholder may choose the Reimbursement Process if they want to have their damaged car repaired at a friend’s garage outside of the insurer’s network.
The primary distinction between the two procedures is that under the cashless approach, the claim is largely resolved between the insurer and the garage. Additionally, you need to get the car fixed, pay the mechanic’s charge, and then submit a reimbursement claim. *
* Standard T&C Apply
** Currently, there are 2 tax regimes in India – new and old. To get the tax benefit you desire, choose the correct one after consulting an expert. You can opt for a regime change during the next financial year.
# Visit the official website of IRDAI for further details.
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.